6 Reasons Signify The Importance of VAAFT Technique In Medical History!December 7, 2022
VAAFT stands for Video-assisted anal fistula treatment, a common treatment for treating complex anal fistulas. An anal fistula is when the tunnel between the skin and the anus becomes infected. The most common reason for anal fistulas is the infection in an anal gland which further spreads to the skin. It is a rare condition with less than 1 million cases in India per year. But one needs a medical assitance for its treatment. VAAFT is the best treatment for anal fistulas. Even though the VAAFT surgery cost is a bit high, it is worth it.
Why is VAAFT the best treatment for anal fistulas?
- VAAFT is a non-invasive surgery, thus the patient experiences a minimum amount of pain with this surgery.
- It can be used irrespective of the type, underlying pathology or comorbidity of the fistula.
- Chances of recurring fistulas are reduced significantly with VAAFT.
- The risk of incontinence is very low with VAAFT surgery.
- As it is a minimally invasive surgery, the recovery time is very less and the patients can get back to their routine very quickly.
- VAAFT can be combined with other techniques and reach higher internal openings.
- If once failed then this technique can be used again as well.
- This is the best treatment for complex deep-seated fistulas, especially Crohn’s Fistulas.
Thus from the above points, we can conclude that VAAFT is the best course of treatment for treating anal fistulas. VAAFT Surgery Cost In Delhi can be pretty high but Dr Ashish Bhanot provides the best treatment at an affordable price. He is a highly experienced surgeon and has handled numerous VAAFT surgeries with a successful track record.